Friday, April 25, 2014


Good Morning Cannon,

Kaeru and I have been very busy enjoying the beautiful spring weather here.  There are flowers blooming every where.  There are lots of cherry blossoms falling; they call it “cherry blossom snow storm”.  They have many of the same flowers we have, tulips, daffodils and bachelor buttons.

 
Cherry Trees in Front of My School


Two Castles in Two Days
Last weekend I visited two castles.  Maybe you visited these same castles when you were in Japan.  While we were at Nagoya Castle there was a traditional processional.  Everyone was dressed in traditional costumes and there was a big drum.


  


 
 
Mail and McDonald's
Yesterday Kaeru and I took an envelope to the post office.  It is addressed to you.  I wonder when you will receive it.  You can start looking for it three weeks from today. When will that be?  Inside you will find something to help celebrate Children’s Day in Japan. Children’s day is coming in May.  It is the fifth day of the fifth month. It is a national holiday.  It is a day set aside to “respect children’s personalities and to celebrate their happiness”.  I am afraid your envelope will be late but you can celebrate any day.  Children should be celebrated everyday. 


 
Kaeru was very popular at the post office.  Everyone wanted to see him. His cousin is the mascot for this Ward.  So I see pictures of him everywhere. After we went to the post office Kaeru and I stopped for a special treat at McDonald’s. 

In the spring they celebrate the Sakura (cherry blossoms).  The trees are full of soft pink flowers, they look like pink clouds. Kaeru liked them very much.  At McDonald's they have a special cherry flavored sparkling drink with ice cream floating on top.  Kaeru really liked it.

 

Today I am going to Toyota City.  There is a nice park there and we will eat at a Thai restaurant. It should be interesting. Kaeru will come with me.  What have you been doing this spring?

Kaeru wanted me to include both of the McDonald's
Pictures
 Kaeru and I say hello to Frog and Toad.  I miss them.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment